Administrative and Communications Assistant
We are looking for an energetic part-time (25 hours/week) Administrative and Communications Assistant to join our expanding team of dedicated consulting professionals. Reporting to the Vice President, the Administrative and Communications Assistant performs administrative services with the Laridae team and Advisory Board. Although this position is part-time, there is the possibility of future extension to full-time.
Since 2012, Laridae has grown from a start-up into a full-service management consulting firm. We work exclusively with non-profits, charities, associations, and the public sector. Our work has taken us across the province and country. We have developed a unique understanding of smaller cities and rural communities. Our team has worked with over 100 organizations in strategy, planning, operations, governance, fundraising, human resources, communications, branding, and training.
The Laridae team brings a wealth of management expertise to mission-driven organizations. Our customized and collaborative approach produces results because we craft strategies that resonate with leaders—strategies that inspire action, responsibility, and commitment. We are small, but growing, and now we are in need of an Administrative and Communications Assistant so we can serve our clients even better.
Are you our ideal candidate?
You are passionate about making a difference for non-profit organizations. You work independently, meet deadlines, and juggle projects and tasks with ease. You are organized, motivated, eager to learn, and have the ability to complete assignments quickly, with minimal guidance. Contributing to with the work of a dynamic, fun team of management consultants (with specialties in governance, HR, strategic planning, communications, and branding) appeals to you.
Overview of the position:
- Administrative Support
- Proactively manages, coordinates and organizes activities and schedules for the CEO, staff, and Advisory Board, including meetings and correspondence
- Responds to internal and external inquiries
- Develops, organizes, and maintains electronic and paper information filing/retrieval methods, systems, and/or formats
- Prepares correspondence, materials, and agendas as needed
- Schedules and helps to organize meetings and events, prepares and distributes resource material, arranges for meeting rooms, assists with refreshments, and extends invitations
- Word-processes a variety of internal and external documents such as letters, memos, reports, and mail outs
- Prepares and updates contact information and database for mail-outs
- Provides telephone/reception coverage as needed
- Participates in team meetings and provides ideas for improving administrative and service functions
- Forwards incoming general emails to appropriate service area or staff member
- Other duties as assigned
- Conducts web-based research, literature reviews, and interviews as required
- Performs data entry using spreadsheets and charts
- Business Development: Proposals
- Researches Request for Proposals (RFP) on a daily basis to identify potential opportunities
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating proposal requirements with relevant members of the team; provide proposal status information during team meetings; and submits proposals.
- Develops initial proposal draft by assembling information including project goals/objectives, executive summaries, outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, and evaluation.
- Revises and edits proposals based on feedback from the team.
- Maintains proposal quality by using templates and following proposal-writing standards, including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Marketing Support
- Oversees Laridae’s social media accounts (Twitter and LinkedIn). Actively posts updates.
- Identifies trends and tracks statistics on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinates the monthly Laridae newsletter with relevant team members. Creates draft newsletters using MailChimp.
The successful individual will possess the following skills and experience:
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Office Administration, Communications, and/or Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in the Not for Profit sector.
- Professional Designations and/or Licenses
- Valid Ontario class G driver’s license is required with access to a reliable vehicle.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Independent decision making skills, ability to take initiative to problem solve and plan within job scope.
- Ability to work independently and perform tasks under the direction of a variety of team members.
- Experience handling sensitive/confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner.
- Ability to prioritize work in a busy setting, set objectives, and manage time.
- Strong organizational, accuracy, and attention to detail ability.
- Ability to apply policies/procedures and make decisions with general directions and guidelines.
- Experience with documentation and reporting, including statistics.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate experience with Mail Chimp, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to update skills.
The starting pay for this exciting position is $18.50/hour, 25 hours/week (5 hours a day). The successful individual will work from our office in Peterborough, with occasional work at home.
Travel is occasionally required, primarily in the Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes, and Northumberland County areas. Laridae has a ‘bring your own device’ (cell phone and laptop) program, with monthly stipends provided.
The successful candidate is expected to begin work not later than August 1st, 2017.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16, 2017.