Drawn from years of practical first-hand experience, this interactive non-profit governance training session is designed to help you:
- Better understand the roles and responsibilities of volunteer board members
- Develop a healthy tension between senior leaders and the board
- Tackle the most common issues that have the greatest impact on overall board effectiveness
We will review current trends, best-practices and outline tangible strategies you can use today.
Designed for Leaders in the Non-Profit Sector
This session has been designed for leaders in the non-profit sector:
- Board members and Board chairs
- Executive Directors and CEOs
What Will You Gain from this Session?
You will leave the training with the means to improve the governance of your organization.
April 13, 2023
April 17, 2023
Laridae Alumni Discount
What Topics Does this Session Cover?
- What are the most common challenges faced by boards and how can you overcome them?
- What are the common characteristics of outstanding boards?
- What is the role of the Board, and of each of the Directors?
- What are the fiduciary obligations of directors?
- What is the role of the staff and how does it differ from the Board’s role?
- What’s the difference between a “working board” and a “governance board”?
- What is acceptable risk? How can we get good advice?
- What about conflict of interest?
- What is changing in “good governance” in the non-profit sector?
Led by Ugette Vanderpost, Consultant
A gifted educator and speaker, Ugette brings to this role a wide range of leadership skills. For over twenty years she has been dedicated to guiding others as they engage in their own learning and professional development. Her experience includes organizational development, strategic problem solving, and transition planning. Her strengths are in facilitating conversations that build trust and commitment towards a common vision. As a head of school, facilitator, and coach Ugette has honed collaboration techniques that build effective relationships across diverse communities. In her role as Learning Services Consultant & Facilitator at Laridae, she is committed to designing engaging learning opportunities for all clients.
Ugette recently completed her Master of Arts in Leadership through Royal Roads University. A lover of the great outdoors, Ugette also volunteers her time as a Varsity Rowing Coach for Trent University. She lives with her family in the Otonabee countryside, just outside of Peterborough, Ontario.
Discounted Seats for Students
We set aside a few seats for young leaders who aspire to contribute to the non-profit sector but are currently in school. If you are interested, please get in touch.
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to Laridae’s Refund Policy:
All cancellation requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full refunds are available on request up to 72 hours before the live event is scheduled to begin
- If you request a refund in the 72 hours prior to the event, you are entitled to a refund in the form of credit, which can be applied toward registration at a future Laridae Learning event or towards the registration fee of Laridae’s Leadership Development or Management Training Program
- Refund requests submitted after the event has started will not be accepted