Now Hiring: Associate Consultant (Permanent, Full-Time)
We are looking for an energetic, full-time Associate Consultant.
Are you passionate about supporting non-profit and public sector organizations? Are you hoping to learn and add to your professional experience? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
We are seeking someone with strong skills in writing, communications, research and analysis, and project management to join our expanding team of dedicated consulting professionals. Reporting to the CEO, the Associate Consultant will work with our team to identify potential projects and prepare proposals, act as the project manager for multiple client projects, coordinate project activities, and draft reports and plans.
Our mission is to solve the non-profit and public sector’s toughest challenges; help leaders implement change that lasts; and support organizational resiliency and sustainability so our clients can soar.
Since 2012, Laridae has grown from a start-up into a full-service management consulting firm. We work exclusively with non-profits, charities, associations, and the public sector. Our work has taken us across the province and country. We have developed a unique understanding of smaller cities and rural communities. Our team has worked with over 150 organizations on strategy, planning, operations, governance, fundraising, change management, communications, and training.
The Laridae team brings a wealth of management expertise to mission-driven organizations. Our customized and collaborative approach produces results because we craft strategies that resonate with leaders—strategies that inspire action, responsibility, and commitment. We are small but growing, and we are in need of an Associate Consultant so we can serve our clients even better.
Laridae became a Certified B Corporation in 2018. B Corporations use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Laridae was certified by the non-profit B Lab as meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’ve evaluated how our practices impact our employees, our community, the environment, and our clients.
Are you our ideal candidate?
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are always on the lookout for the next project, a new opportunity, or a chance to solve a client’s problems. You are passionate about making a difference for non-profit organizations. You work independently, meet deadlines, and juggle projects and tasks with ease. You are a very good writer. You don’t mind some travel and tight deadlines. You are organized, self-motivated, eager to learn, and have the ability to complete assignments quickly, with minimal guidance. Working with a dynamic, engaged, and fun team of management consultants appeals to you.
Overview of the Position
Proposal Writing and Business Development
- Participate in business development, primarily through writing proposals.
- Support Laridae marketing efforts (social media, newsletter, etc.) in conjunction with the Laridae team.
- Research Request for Proposals (RFPs) on a regular basis to identify potential projects / meaningful work.
- Coordinate and participate in proposal strategy meetings and collaborate with the team to identify proposal requirements, outlines, and next steps.
- Draft the initial proposal by assembling information including project goals/objectives, executive summaries, outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing,
Project Management and Support
- Support a wide variety of client-facing, project-related consulting work.
- Apply consulting, communications and marketing, and project management skills to support projects, client-facing work, including execution of project management tasks, editing and writing. Support or participate in planning events, meetings, or client facilitations.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for clients, ensuring Laridae provides an excellent client experience.
- Apply principles and practices of sound communications and writing.
- Apply high level of competency with Microsoft Office.
- Work independently, as well as in a client or team environment, and handle multiple priorities under deadline pressures.
- Offer support to other team members
- Build ongoing long-term positive relationships with clients.
- Ensure contracts and scope of work are followed for all clients.
- Proactively look for ways to improve Laridae’s processes and practices.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and assist other members whenever possible and as required.
- Schedule and help organize meetings, travel, and events, prepare and distribute resource material, arrange for meeting rooms, assist with refreshments, and extend invitations.
- Prepare correspondence, materials, and agendas as required.
- Submit invoices for payment and keep track of project expenses.
- Circulate and track ongoing quality surveys for completed client work.
- Maintain and update contact lists and databases.
- Conduct web-based research, literature reviews, and phone interviews as required.
- Perform data entry using spreadsheets, charts, and internal project management software.
The successful individual will possess the following skills and experience:
Education & Qualifications
- Degree from a recognized university.
- Volunteer experience that demonstrates passions and interests.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience and demonstrated interest in the non-profit sector, such as work experience in the sector, or volunteer non-profit board experience.
Professional Designations and/or Licenses
- Valid Ontario class G driver’s license is required with access to a reliable vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced project management skills.
- Independent decision-making skills, ability to take initiative, problem solve and plan within job scope.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated exemplary business writing, editing, and copyediting skills.
- Ability to organize material, rapidly assimilate information, and collaborate with various team member throughout writing processes.
- Experience with coordinating training and/or events.
- Ability to perform tasks under the direction of a variety of team members.
- Experience handling sensitive/confidential information and matters in a trusted and responsible manner.
- Ability to prioritize work in a busy setting, set objectives, manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply policies/procedures and make decisions with general directions and guidelines.
- Experience with documentation and reporting, including statistics.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate experience with Mailchimp and social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), as well as project management or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Demonstrated continuous efforts to update skills.
More About the Job and Working at Laridae
At Laridae, we provide a different type of work environment. Our team primarily works remotely and with independence. We value work-life balance and understand that life requires flexibility. We support alternative work arrangements that allow employees to meet both their work and personal obligations, while ensuring that our business objectives are always met.
The annual salary for this position is $45,000. Laridae has profit sharing and has an unlimited vacation policy. The successful individual will work from our office in Peterborough and/or work at home.
Travel throughout Ontario is typical (mileage and travel expenses are provided). Laridae utilizes a ‘bring your own device’ (cell phone and laptop) program, with monthly stipends provided.
In preparing your application, please review our website carefully. Consider listening to the following podcast to learn more about what it is like to work at Laridae: https://laridaemc.com/impact-podcast/
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com by Wednesday, August 14th by 5 pm.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
Laridae practices employment equity and is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.