Senior Associate & Training Services Lead
We are looking for a full-time Senior Associate. Are you passionate about building capacity in non-profit and public sector organizations? Do you enjoy building strong relationships, teaching, and coaching? Do you understand the pressures faced by Executive Directors in the non-profit sector? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
We are seeking someone with strong skills in business development, training and/or presenting, organizational capacity building, and communications to join our expanding team of dedicated consulting professionals. Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Associate will help to further develop and expand our training services across Ontario. They will work with our team to build strong partnerships, deliver training and coaching to non-profit leaders and managers, develop capacity-building curriculum, and offer strategic direction to marketing efforts and team growth.
Our mission is to solve the non-profit and public sector’s toughest challenges; help leaders implement change that lasts; and support organizational resiliency and sustainability so our clients can soar.
Since 2012, Laridae has grown from a start-up into a full-service management consulting firm. We work exclusively with non-profits, charities, associations, and the public sector. Our work has taken us across the province and country. We have developed a unique understanding of smaller cities and rural communities. Our team has worked with over 150 organizations on strategy, operations, governance, change management, communications, and training.
The Laridae team brings a wealth of management expertise to mission-driven organizations. Our customized and collaborative approach produces results because we craft strategies that resonate with leaders—strategies that inspire action, responsibility, and commitment. We are small but growing, and we are in need of an Senior Associate so we can serve our clients even better.
Laridae became a Certified B Corporation in 2018. B Corporations use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Laridae was certified by the non-profit B Lab as meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’ve evaluated how our practices impact our employees, our community, the environment, and our clients.
About our Training Services
Laridae has been delivering training, in areas such as governance, strategic clarity, and communications, in an informal way since its inception. After seeing the recurring gaps our clients experience, we decided to build on our existing training workshops and launch a formal program designed for non-profit managers in 2019. This program has allowed Laridae to further our mandate by enhancing capacity for our clients in a different yet complimentary way from our consulting services. Since formalizing our training services, it has become evident that we are well positioned to deliver management and leadership training to many more organizations across the province.
In order to better serve our clients and meet training demands, Laridae is looking to build our own internal capacity to deliver training and coaching, facilitating business partnerships and community collaboration for capacity building through education, while thinking strategically about growth in training services for Laridae.
Are you our ideal candidate?
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are always on the lookout for the next project, a new opportunity, or a chance to solve a client’s problems. You are passionate about making a difference for non-profit organizations. You have executive presence, excel at building partnerships, communications, and business development. You enjoy teaching and coaching with the intent of building organizational capacity. You work independently, meet deadlines, and juggle projects and tasks with ease. You don’t mind some travel and tight deadlines. You are organized, self-motivated, eager to learn, and have the ability to complete assignments quickly, with minimal guidance. Working with a dynamic, engaged, and fun team of management consultants appeals to you.
Overview of the position
As Laridae continues to develop and grow its training services, we are creating this new role to scale our training services. Responsible for engaging existing clients, exploring strategic partnerships, building internal capacity and finding new opportunities, to excel in this role you should be driven, an active listener, have experience in training and coaching, have a compelling sales personality, and a passion for developing new business.
- Working with the Laridae team in planning strategic growth and meeting goals for training services.
- Delivering training services and coaching organization leaders and managers.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives for training services.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Attending and presenting at conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing quotes and proposals for training services.
- Building internal capacity by training and helping team members develop their skills.
Qualifications & Requirements
The successful individual will possess the following skills and experience:
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree in a related field from a recognized university.
- Volunteer non-profit experience that demonstrates personal passions and interests.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum five years’ experience in a relevant leadership position.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the non-profit, public sectors and/or associations, such as work experience in the sector, and/or volunteer non-profit board governance experience.
- Experience or understanding of social service and community-based health sectors is an asset.
- Experience in sales, business development, marketing or a related field.
- Experience with training, coaching, and developing curriculum for adults in management or leadership positions.
- Understand the value in taking a strengths-based approach to developing leaders.
- Experience with deploying training and/or events.
- Strong communication skills with exemplary business writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage complex projects.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable using a variety of project management and CRM tools.
- Experience with documentation and reporting, including statistics.
Professional Designations and/or Licenses
- Valid Ontario class G driver’s license is required with access to a reliable vehicle.
More About the Job and Working at Laridae
At Laridae, we provide a different type of work environment. Our team primarily works remotely and with independence. We value work-life balance and understand that life requires flexibility. We support alternative work arrangements that allow employees to meet both their work and personal obligations, while ensuring that our business objectives are always met.
The annual base salary for this position is $65,000. Additionally, Laridae has a profit sharing program and an unlimited vacation policy. The successful individual will work from our office in Peterborough and/or work at home.
Travel throughout Ontario is typical (mileage and travel expenses are provided). Laridae utilizes a ‘bring your own device’ (cell phone and laptop) program, with monthly stipends provided.
How to Apply
In preparing your application, please review our website carefully. Read about our mission and explore our values. Do they resonate? Consider listening to the following podcast to learn more about what it is like to work at Laridae: https://laridaemc.com/impact-podcast/
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to: email@example.com by Sunday, January 19th by 5 pm.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
Laridae practices employment equity and is dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.