Why Take Governance Training?
Strong boards provide the foundation for high-performing non-profits
Engage a bespoke training program that leaves your senior team and board with tangible strategies they can put to use right away to become more effective in reaching organizational goals.
What makes this program unique?
Laridae has extensive experience working with boards and senior leaders of non-profits in a variety of capacities that has provided us with deep insights into the challenges they face most often.
3-Hour Live Session
Laridae’s 3-hour Governance Training session is a live, hosted virtually and features dynamic and engaging content to ensure active learning and participation.
In preparation for our 3-hour session, we will offer a “self-assessment survey” allowing each board member to reflect on current practices, policies, and approaches.
This survey will be shared with the board, as we reflect on governance best-practices during the session and will then inform areas of strength and improvement moving forward. Many of our clients use this tool as an annual benchmarking survey to better understand ongoing board performance and to establish a board workplans for strengthen governance year over year.
About the Program
Who is this for?
This program is designed for Executive Directors/CEOs, volunteer Board Members and Board Chairs of non-profit organizations.
What topics will we cover?
Over the course of the 3-hour session we will explore:
- The value of healthy dynamics between executive leadership and the board
- Roles and responsibilities of a non-profit board
- Conflict of interest
- Enhancing your organization’s governance practices
- Characteristics of outstanding boards
- Common challenges faced by boards
- Trends in “good governance” in the non-profit sector
- The role of the Board and of senior management
- The difference between a “working board” and a “governance board”
- The fiduciary obligations of directors
- Conflict of interest
What will you get out of this Program?
- Increased Capacity: When boards have a better understanding of the fundamentals of good governance, they are able to operate with a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities, run better meetings, and increase their efficiency and capacity.
- Team Building: Training is an excellent opportunity for a board to build cohesion and strengthen relationships with one another. It’s also an ideal time to onboard new directors.
- Reduced Risk: Does your board have a clear understanding of risk? Volunteer board members are often surprised to learn about the many risks and legal responsibilities that come with serving as a director on a non-profit board. Our training covers everything you need to know to minimize your risk.
- Stronger Leadership: Boards with strong governance can provide better leadership to an organization. They are also able to better navigate relationships with management teams and staff.
- Increased Engagement: Stronger boards are more likely to attract and retain great people, and deepen the engagement and involvement of each director.
- Better Outcomes: Organizations with strong boards who invest in ongoing education and training are more likely to operate effectively at all levels, and achieve more for their stakeholders and the communities they serve.
Contact Us to Get Started
If you are interested in securing training for your board, fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation session.